Looking for dental crown treatment in kolkata? Our comprehensive guide covers all you need to know about dental crowns, ensuring you make an informed decision.
With the advancements in technology getting the perfect smile is not a dream anymore. Dental issues tooth decay, fractures and discolouration can dim your bright smile.
Cosmetic dentistry offers solutions to all your smile-related problems, a crooked or chipped tooth is no big deal.
If you’re in kolkata and considering dental crown treatments, you’re in the right place. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about dental crowns.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also tooth caps, are custom-made coverings that fit over a damaged tooth. They help you restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of your teeth.
Dental crowns are crafted from porcelain, metal, stainless steel, ceramic, and zirconia. Crowns are typically made using a combination of metal alloy and porcelain. The metal inside the crown provides strength, while the porcelain looks exactly like natural teeth.
A dental crown protects your teeth from damage while giving you a natural and appealing smile.
When to consider dental crowns?
- Damaged Teeth
- Weak Teeth
- After Root Canal
- Large Fillings
- Tooth Support for Bridges
- Implant Cover
- Protecting Cracked Teeth
- Preventing Tooth Decay
- Enhancing Appearance
Types of Dental Crowns available in India
There are various options for dental crowns available to customers in dental clinics.
- Ceramic Crowns: Ceramic crowns are renowned for their natural aesthetic, making them an exceptional choice for front teeth. Their seamless integration into your natural smile creates a stunning smile.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) Crowns: These crowns combine the strength and aesthetic appeal of metal with porcelain for an effective solution for both front and back teeth.
- Metal Crowns: These crowns, often constructed of gold, nickel or chromium metals, are highly durable and suitable for molars that bear the brunt of chewing forces.
- Zirconia crowns: are highly prized for their strength and longevity. Zirconia crown are an excellent choice for restoring damaged teeth in the posterior region.
- Composite Crowns: These crowns are created using a mixture of resin and other materials, and offer affordable solutions that can be made in one dental visit, making them an attractive option.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer several advantages
- Restore functionality: Crowns provide protection for weak teeth and restore their strength, enabling you to comfortably bite and chew again.
- Enhanced Appearance: Crowns improve the aesthetics of discoloured, misshapen, or damaged teeth for an enhanced appearance.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental crowns can last many years – providing long-term solutions.
However, there are also some drawbacks that you should consider-
- Sensitivity: Some people experience sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures after getting a crown.
- Potential for Wear: Over time, crowns can experience wear and may need replacement.
The dental crown procedure in India
- Consultation- The dentist will examine your teeth and recommend you the best type of dental crowns for your needs.
- Tooth preparation- To prepare your teeth for the treatment, the dentist will remove any decayed or damaged portions. This makes space for your dental cap and ensures that it will stay in place once bonded. It is then shaped to accommodate the crown.
- Dental impressions- Next the dentist will take an impression of your teeth and give it to a dental lab to ensure the crown fits you perfectly.
- Temporary Crown- It takes 2-3 weeks for a dental tab to make your new crown. A temporary dental crown is placed to protect the prepared tooth.
- Crown Placement: Once the customised crown is ready, it is securely bonded to your tooth, restoring its function and appearance.
Longevity of dental crowns
The lifespan of dental crowns depends heavily upon factors like material choice, oral hygiene practices and dental habits.
Dental crowns tend to last anywhere between 5-15 years with regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene playing an essential part in prolonging their longevity.
By taking good care of your oral health, you can expect your crown to last for many years, and in some cases, it can even last a lifetime!
How to take care of dental crowns
Maintaining your dental crowns is relatively simple-
- Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss to prevent plaque buildup around the crown and the adjacent teeth.
- Avoid Chewing Hard Objects: Don’t use your teeth to open packages or bite into hard foods, as this can damage the crown.
- Regular Check-ups: Visit your dentist for routine check-ups to ensure the crown is in good condition and to address any issues promptly.
Cost of dental crowns in kolkata
The price of dental crowns can vary in kolkata depending on a variety of factors such as their type, location and expertise of your dentist.
Ceramic and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns tend to be more costly than metal options so it is wise to discuss pricing at your consultation session with them.
To know the exact price book an appointment with Dr. Jatan Singh Soni at Tanishas Dental Wellness.
Choosing the right dental clinic in kolkata
Finding a qualified dentist is key to successful dental treatment. When searching, consider clinics with experienced dentists with positive patient reviews and a clean environment, including modern facilities.
If any questions arise regarding the procedure or tools used during treatment, feel free to speak- this would benefit both parties involved!
Dental crowns are a versatile solution to various dental problems, restoring both function and aesthetics. Along with dental corwn there are other cosmetic dental procedures like dental Veneers , Invisalign , dental braces ect. available at our clinic , to perfect the appearance of your smile.
With the different types of crowns available, you can choose one that suits your budget and needs.
Remember that taking care of your crowns through oral hygiene practices and regular dental visits is key to their longevity.